Back in the day I could moderately play the heck out of a french horn. Nowadays, I let my fellow music nerds down.  I wish I could play guitar, though my fingers just do not have the necessary coordination. Do you play any instruments? If so, which ones? What instruments do you wish you played?

Come on. I know I wasn't the ONLY band geek. :)

Views: 34

Replies to This Discussion

I played the Bass Clarinet (cuz I'm gangsta like that) and tenor sax. I'm pretty sure I couldn't anymore. It's been WAYYY too long. 

I wish I could play the piano, but, I'm afraid, the lack of coordination is a genetic. Booooooo!

I played Clarinet.  And went to band camp.  And had fun.  Marched, jazzed, did a mix. I wish I continued it but quit after HS...now I get all tingly when I hear good orchestral music, wishing I was there playing.

One time...at band camp...LOL 

Me, too. I love sharing it with my kids, too. I want them to appreciate all the aspects of music, not just what's "cool" today. I wish I still had the touch. 

I took the marching geek to the extreme and even did Flag Corps for a couple years. I'm rad like that.

mommylok said:

I played Clarinet.  And went to band camp.  And had fun.  Marched, jazzed, did a mix. I wish I continued it but quit after HS...now I get all tingly when I hear good orchestral music, wishing I was there playing.
I totally got a visual of marching with a baby grand. That would be a show stopper!
Jessi's hidden wish is not to play the piano, but to play the Keytar in an A-ha cover band.
Baby steps, chica. One day, I will be on stage. You'll know me by the pink mullet.

Stephanie Arias-Anderson said:
Jessi's hidden wish is not to play the piano, but to play the Keytar in an A-ha cover band.
I can see it now, feathered with the grace only the Flock of Seagulls front man could truly master.
I WILL realize this scrumtralescent vision. 

Stephanie Arias-Anderson said:
I can see it now, feathered with the grace only the Flock of Seagulls front man could truly master.
Let me know when that happens - I will fly out to see you in concert! 
Deal. It will be spectacular. I'm planning the pyrotechnics already. Mental note: Use flame retardant gel on the mullet.

mommylok said:
If your mental notes work as well as mine, I'll be sure to watch your concert from afar! 

Jessi Arias-Cooper said:
Deal. It will be spectacular. I'm planning the pyrotechnics already. Mental note: Use flame retardant gel on the mullet.

mommylok said:

RSS

© 2017   Created by Mom Spark.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service