Is anyone a big fan of eBay? What are some things you enjoy searching for? Any great eBay finds you want to share?

For my husbands Halloween costume I found this really nifty Ash S-Mart name tag for like a couple of dollars. Major score for a cheap homemade costume. :)

Views: 27

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was an eBay powerseller before I started blogging, so yep, I love eBay. I actually just visited them a few weeks ago and they are just as cool in person! I plan on doing all of my holiday shopping there.
I enjoy buying from eBay, I've never had a major problems and the unique items and shops are awesome, but I did have some problems as a seller. I tried to sell my unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 2G. I posted pics and a full description with a minor dent in the case and a disclaimer that it was being sold as is, but of course the guy who bought it complained once he got it. So after a lot of back and forth fighting I got the phone back. The whole experience kind of jaded me to eBay selling because I described the item accurately and eBay still sided with the buyer so it was a big hassle I didn't need or want when I was just trying to make some extra money. I haven't sold anything on eBay since, nor have I really bought anything because the situation kind of turned me off. Today I am more of a fan of Amazon marketplace buying and selling because they don't charge you a fee to list your item, there's no auction style pricing, and I think I've had better luck on there. Sorry for the rant, but that was my last experience with eBay. Not saying I wouldn't buy from there again, but I think I won't sell there again...
eBay changed their selling practices a lot after I left. They changed the feedback structure and really sided on the buyer. I don't blame you for being cautious.

SarahMindek said:
I enjoy buying from eBay, I've never had a major problems and the unique items and shops are awesome, but I did have some problems as a seller. I tried to sell my unlocked and jailbroken iPhone 2G. I posted pics and a full description with a minor dent in the case and a disclaimer that it was being sold as is, but of course the guy who bought it complained once he got it. So after a lot of back and forth fighting I got the phone back. The whole experience kind of jaded me to eBay selling because I described the item accurately and eBay still sided with the buyer so it was a big hassle I didn't need or want when I was just trying to make some extra money. I haven't sold anything on eBay since, nor have I really bought anything because the situation kind of turned me off. Today I am more of a fan of Amazon marketplace buying and selling because they don't charge you a fee to list your item, there's no auction style pricing, and I think I've had better luck on there. Sorry for the rant, but that was my last experience with eBay. Not saying I wouldn't buy from there again, but I think I won't sell there again...
I used to do a ton of shopping on eBay, but not so much anymore. Though I recently bought some printer ink via eBay and MY GOSH did I ever save a ton of cash!!
yes ink is cheap there but i've had instances where the package was dried out. :(

in re: to SarahMindek, i've only had 2 problems and one was as a seller and one was as a buyer. but honestly i've had a bunch of great purchases with eBay and it's my favorite spot to search for items that i love.
I've been going crazy on eBay for Christmas. I like them for Marvel stuff for my kids, and for iPhone accessories, etc. Just little things here and there. I doubt I'd ever get gutsy enough to buy a car or something. :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Mom Spark.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service